The Upper Room Inclusive Catholic Community
To recognize, celebrate, and honor the Divine Presence in everyone and everything, as lived by Jesus.
We celebrate as an inclusive Eucharistic community by inspiring and supporting spiritual growth, providing education, and ministering to local and global needs, “living justly, loving tenderly, and walking humbly with God. (Micah 6:8)
The following values will inform our decision making:
- Education: Progressive, evolving, evidence-based theology that expands our understanding of Scripture.
- Equality: A non-hierarchal, circular leadership model leading to collaborative decision-making, contributions, and spirituality from both women and men.
- Eucharistic: An intentional Eucharistic community gathering around liturgical and sacramental celebrations.
- Hospitality: A community that offers a welcoming, comforting, and nonjudgmental environment.
- Social Justice: Engagement in local and global community outreach, protests and/or rallies, and charitable donations.
- Spiritual Growth: Expression and appreciation of the Divine Presence in ourselves and others, through shared homilies, honest and open-minded dialogue, and faith sharing.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe in the Holy One, a divine mystery
beyond all definition and rational understanding,
the heart of all that has ever existed,
that exists now, or that ever will exist.
We believe in Jesus, messenger of the Divine Word,
bringer of healing, heart of Divine compassion,
bright star in the firmament of the Holy One’s
prophets, mystics, and saints.
We believe that We are called to follow Jesus
as a vehicle of divine love,
a source of wisdom and truth,
and an instrument of peace in the world.
We believe in the Spirit of the Holy One,
the life that is our innermost life,
the breath moving in our being,
the depth living in each of us.
We believe that the Divine kin-dom is here and now,
stretched out all around us for those
with eyes to see it, hearts to receive it,
and hands to make it happen.